31 Mar Fast Facts: Digital Marketing
So you’ve built a website. Now what? Digital marketing requires much more to drive your business than putting a website online. The most challenging part is to build organic traffic online and ensure that the right eyes get to your website. This requires significant search engine visibility. Driving targeted traffic to your website and developing custom strategies derived from extensive experience are important ways to build your business and build organic traffic online that your full-service marketing agency can provide. Not familiar with the world of digital marketing, search engine marketing, or social media targeting? Let’s take a spin around some important facts.
- Google receives over 100 billion searches each month. That’s billion with a “B.”
- Approximately 53% of marketing professionals point to blog content creation as their number one inbound marketing priority.
- Almost all (94%) of B2B (business to business) marketing professionals utilize the social media platform LinkedIn as a significant part of their content marketing strategy.
- A July 2015 study by Moz and BuzzSumo found that long-form content of over 1,000 words consistently receives a higher number of shares and links than other types of content.
- Companies that use a strong keyword in their business name rank 1.5 spots higher than those with weak or no keywords in their name.
- Companies that publish sixteen or more blog posts per month receive nearly 3.5 times more customer traffic to their website than companies that publish a maximum of four monthly posts.
- Approximately 75% of SEO occurs off-page and 25% occurs on-page.
- SEO (inbound) leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail efforts or print advertising programs) have a 1.7% close rate.
- Approximately seven out of ten of the links search users (your potential customers) click on are organic.
- According to a study conducted by the Pew Research Center, 72% of adult internet users use Facebook on a regular basis.
- The Social Media Marketing Industry Report discovered that nearly two-thirds of marketing professionals cited Facebook as the most important social media platform for social media marketing programs.
- According to the 2017/18 Global Digital Outlook Study, about 43% of marketing professionals worldwide are ramping up their investment in digital marketing. Nearly 50% are already spending at least half of their entire marketing budget on digital marketing efforts.
- A report from SalesForce Marketing Cloud noted that 83% of customers “love” or “like” when a company responds to them on social media.
Contact your full-service marketing agency to help you build organic traffic online and bring your business to the next level.